Saturday 30 May 2020

Fantastic Voyage - Reflective Statement

This project was essentially a build up of everything we have learned so far during the course. The aim of the project to create a 3-minute fully rendered animation based on one of three science based topics. I feel that I fulfilled the brief in all areas aside from have a finished render (due to current circumstances) which I believe I completed successfully. I worked with a professional voice over artist to create a voice over I felt worked well with the animation as well as sourcing music. I developed my modelling, lighting and animation skills immensely throughout this project, however, there is still lots to be improved.

I found this project to be faster pace in terms of scheduling compared to the previous projects as it combined all different aspects of creating a finished animation in a more confined time frame. Although the current working situation hindered the process at first, I found that I was much more focused and kept to my personal time management far better than usual. My concept art and story boarding is steadily improving and I seem to enjoy this process the most. Although the teaching environment was different in the simplest of terms there was always someone around to answer questions when needed so I did not seem to struggle. Towards the end of the project I seemed to slow down in work pace which is something I defiantly need to work on. Overall, I am pleased with the result and I can see lots of improvement in areas I was struggling with previously. If I were to do this project again I would focus more on the detailing of the environment as well as the texturing on my main objects. It would also be nice to create a finished render to see the final look.

No comments:

Post a Comment