Sunday 25 October 2020

Character Design - Week 1

 For the first week of character design we were briefed on the project and each given a creature/person as well as a specific art style which I will, over the course of this project, have to create a character from. I have a Kaiju and my art style is Chibi/cute. This will be an interesting learning experience for me as this is defiantly not my art style and I have much more practice with human characters. During this weeks class I was given an object (80s mobile phone) and had to sketch the object. The purpose of this exercise was to get me thinking about the type of character that would own this object and how the object in that character world. 


The second task was to take an already existing character (Tigger) and create an entirely new character that would fit into this world.

I also started to draw different Kaiju in the iconic Winnie the Pooh style. For the next class I will start to research Kaiju and their history as well as Chibi art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment