Thursday 14 January 2021

Character Design Session

 For today's online session we looked at the principals of graphic design and how to incorporate this into our character bibles for this project. The main takeaway is to make sure I focus on the design of the character bible and make the background's fit the theme without taking attention away from the main deices of artwork on the page. As my landscape designs for this project have a simplistic style these will work well for the backgrounds. 

Notes from class. 

For the second part of today's class we were given a tv show and asked as a group to come up with a character that would fit into that world, a prop and a location that fits around that character that could be marketed as a toy. Our group was given the show 'Miraculous' a show about superhero type characters all based around animals. I decided to design a hero type character based around a hummingbird.

Quick initial ideas.
I designed a evil lair space that could be a interactive child's toy based around Jasmines chameleon villain design. I also designed a small necklace based around hummingbird wings that the character i designed would wear. As a toy this would light up, play the show's theme song and open like a locket. The hummingbird character design for the costume has wing type shapes in the skirt and the sleeves. As the other characters in the show have all in one suites and masks I stuck to this design. The iridescent patterns in hummingbirds feathers stood out to me so I replicated this in the hair colour of the character. This was a useful exercise as I had to design a character off the top of my head quickly which meant I didn't waste as much time thinking about what I should be doing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment