Wednesday 26 May 2021

Premise - Reflective State

During this premise project I really enjoyed the design process. I found that I was able work on a story that I was really invested in, which in turn improved my work. 

When I first started the project I found the idea of coming up with a narrative entirely on my own a little daunting . I had lots of visual ideas, but no story to go with. In the end I knew that I wanted to look into character design as it is the area I not only enjoy the most, but I feel I have improved on the most recently. 

Once I came up with the idea surrounding anxiety, I think that my work ethic picked up as it is an area I am interested in. The subject matter feels topical for the current climate, as well as something that I can draw on personal experience from. After lots of refining and the added music, I feel that my characters and story are in a really strong place for 3rd year. Overall, I am really happy with how the project turned out. I know hat there is lots of work to be done yet but I think I produced some good outcomes, and I feel that my message came across well. 

To improve, the narrative needs some work still, as well as some minor changes to the animatic. I want to make sure that the story is as readable as possible for an audience. I did suffer from some burn put half way through the project and I think that was just down to the design process, being stuck with my ideas, so for year three I know what I need to do and what to focus on. Looking forward to year three I think that I am a little nervous about the modelling/ rigging faze as well as the animation. As I like the design process so much some of the maya work is somewhat daunting, but I am excited to see my characters in 3D. I plan to get lots of this done as soon as possible to leave time for errors and the general length of the process. 

I found the careers pack valuable, it was a good insight into the working world and the things I need to work on. It has given me a lot to think about in terms of asperations and goals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment