Tuesday 1 June 2021

Life Drawing - Catch Up Sessions

Last week consisted of all day life drawing sessions, in which I was able to practice figure drawing and facial structure. The first few images are digital sketches from throughout the week. The first few days, I produced a mixture of 30/10 minute drawings and some quick 1 minute sketches, all in pencil. 








On Paper Sketches















As the days continued I started to use pen and ink, as well as some colour paint pens for experimentation, and to be a bit more creative. As we haven't been able to do life drawing for some time I found that during the first two days I spent practising and getting back into drawing on paper. 








The next two pages are one line drawings, not lifting the pen from the paper, and outline drawings, not filling in any of the gaps, but following the outline of the model. 







 The last few drawings have lots of colour as I started to draw more abstract shapes and change my approach from detail to shape. I found these sessions really useful as I haven't drawn on paper for a while as I have been mostly sticking to digital work for projects, however, I also found that by drawing similar poses in lots of different ways I started to be a bit less of a perfectionist and started to create some interesting drawings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment