Sunday 10 May 2020

Toolkit 1 Submission - Animation Show reel, Character Design and Reflective Statements

Reflective Statement 

During our animation classes we learnt the basic but essential processes to create both 2D and 3D animation. We started off with objects and soon moved onto walk cycles. To create these animations we used adobe animate, however, I found this programme frustrating and difficult to create good looking pieces due to brush quality. With that said I think that adobe animate still works in a way that teaches you the process of animating from a 2D perspective.

I think that my animations are fairly successful and I would like to see how they can improve in different software (e.g. photoshop). I think that these lessons provided essential fundamentals for understanding animation which I will use in the future. I think that to improve my animation I need to be more patient and focused.


Character Design 


Reflective Statement 

Before starting this course I had very limited experience in character design. I found the lessons extremely helpful towards the the From Script to Screen project as well as my current project. I learnt a lot about fluidity of line work as well as characterisation and variation in shape. I also learnt the importance of having source material and influences as it makes it so much easier to create a character with a starting of point. 

I think that my character designs in class were successful. And I found the process very informative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment